Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dr. Rosado's pre-op....

Well I'm back from the pre-operative appointment. She's going to do three surgeries in one and I'll be completely OUT! YAY! No local!!! So that's subsides some of my nerves.

She'll be doing the D&C for sure now...no questions as to whether or not she's going to do it or not now she confired that this morning. Then she's also going to do exploritory in both the outside of the uterus and the inside. Normally I guess those are done separately, so with them being done with me at the same time she's considering it three surgeries combined into one. What is she looking for you may ask?? She's nearly positive it's endometriosis but she said she wouldn't be surprised if she didn't find anything at all too. She did mention polys which she would remove if she found any. Cancer runs in the family so once again who knows what will be found. But then again with all my test results lately she just might not find anything either.

Secondly it's going to be at least a two hour surgery. WHOA...wasn't expecting to hear that out of her mouth. I thought MAYBE an hour to an hour and half. *gulp* Nothing to worry about though right? At least I don't have to worry about waking up during the surgery like I had with the two "twilight" times I was in.

She needs me to get clearence though from Dr. Slivka. I guess just to cover herself since there is a risk that I could get more complications from the previous surgery. I trust her 100% so I'm confident that there won't be any major problems outside of what she's doing.

Got to whole load down about the risks and what she will be doing etc etc and since I had already got my blood work done yesterday I didn't have to do anything else. She just had to listen to my lungs and heart and out I went. Now it begins with the waiting time for the surgery.....two weeks and counting....

1 comment:

nancy said...

I've had that done and it's always at the same time. And the time I've gotten the d&c - it's been all at same time too - so I don't know why anyone would say those are 3 surgeries - just 3 "tasks" to get done. I would have had to call and yelled at your doc if she wanted to do them separately! There is no reason for it!

Good luck. Don't worry about the time - it'll be a blink of an eye for you! My "should only be 25 minutes" d&c ended up being 3 hours and to me - it was nothing! :)