Well today was the day.... I couldnt sleep at all last night. I don't know if the apprehension of just knowing I was going into this test or what but I was very restless. I woke up everytime John moved or something happened in the house. Then I started waking every hour from the time John got up and left at 5am. I finally got up at 7:15 and got a shower and did my hair for the day.
After I did that I went and got the kids ready. The plan was to get ready and out the door by 8:15 at the latest but fortuately the kids had other plans. We didn't get out the door until 8:30am. Thankfully Uncle Chuck took Cassandra and Trevor to school and then Grandma took Kyle for me.
Mom had me drive up to the office. Thankfully I got there in time but it really didn't matter because I was to be there by 9 but the "surgery" didn't start until 10 (didn't know that until after I was waiting there for 50 mins!! ugh!)
Got into the 1st room...got the 50 questions, blood pressure taken, IV started, pulse and oxygen stuff put on. I told them about the reactions I had with anethstisa, my blood pressure problems, my lovely neausea issues with it, and I also requested that once in the recovery room that they put John's MP3 player on so I can get out of this anethstic quicker because I haven't been coming out of it quickly like I should. They agreed to it and said no problem. The Dr (anethsiologist that is) even asked what kind of music I liked to listen to and I said whatever was on there I pretty much listen to :)
Everyone left my room and they let the fluid re-hydrate me a bit while they waiting for Dr. Kim to show up and discuss any concerns with me. He came in after about 15 mins or so and we talked about the procedure and I gave him the note that Dr. Rosado had given me yesterday. He of course didn't have an answer as of yet but should sooner than later. I also had to tell him that she said hello and he was astonished that she remembered him. I guess they used to work together when she was at Ohio Valley Hospital.
Anyway on to the "surgery." They took me back. Got me situated and put the medication into my IV and I remember asking them to NOT put those heart monitor pads on my stomach near my insisions. The nurse anethsitist(sp?) was a little shocked when I told her what the nurse at the Medical Center did when I had a simular test done previously. She couldn't understand why they put it on my stomach. Whatever though. I must have fell asleep quickly though because all I remember next was me fighting the medications and the oxygen being blown into my nose with a canula. The next thing after that was Dr. Kim walking into the room and out I go.
I got into recovery and my mom was already there when I woke. Apparently I must have had problems waking up because my mom said she was told to wake me up by keep talking to me and tapping my face and chest. The nurses were in several times to wake me up too. I finally did wake a bit but then fell back to sleep. Mom said my blood pressure was sky high this time after the procedure. She said it hit 160/70 Which is high for me when it is usually 118/60. But later it got down to 90/60. Just shows how crazy it can be I guess.
Once again I got sick to my stomach and was actually in really severe pain. They were able to give me some Zofran which it took a while to kick in but once it did and I was able to wake up a bit more I felt fine. The anestisologist who gave me the Zofran came in and check on me again and I told her I was in pain and she asked what I usually take for pain and I told her but that's as far as it went.
Dr. Kim came in while I was still trying to come out from the medication and told my mom that the results were fine. I do NOT have any gallstones and that everything from the surgery looks great! The bile ducts are intact and everything look perfect. GREAT!! He's now referring me onto Dr. Slivka another GI Specialist in Downtown Pittsburgh. He apparently specializes in ERCPs and will be able to better determine what is going on. Weather or not my symtoms are SOD or SOM which ever it is. They are supposed to set up the appointment so we'll see what happens. I got a copy of the report to show them in the case that I should be able to get in the next couple of weeks.
Well I was advised NOT to go to school today but figured as long as I wasn't driving and I was awake like I usually am then I was going to school. They even gave me a note to NOT go but I didn't care. I felt fine though I know it's going to hit me in about an hour from now or so. By the time I get home I'll be ready to go to bed so why should I waste my day at home when I know I'd rather keep the last day of my mod in Excel with good ol' George and bug the crap out of him. Besides I won't see him next mod so I have to get my tibs in now while I can. LOL Besides Vicki is going to bring me home since it's on her way home. Otherwise I wouldn't have done it. I also knew mom had to get to work right away and I didn't need her to back track to go drop me off at home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment