Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ohh hummmm

Good News...The GI doctor's nurses called this morning. They were able to get my Endoscopic Ultrasound moved up to TOMORROW morning I was shocked!!! I was on for Feb. 3rd at noon! So to get in tomorrow is fabulous!! One step closer to answers right?? My mom was able to take a half day so she can take me and be my driver. YAY for moms right?!?!

Now for the bad news....Saw my Gyn today...I knew this but wasn't expecting the 2nd part. She said that there isn't any medication I can go on yet. The liver enzymes are still too elevated for her to allow me to go on anything. (Found out the normal range is 0-30-35 mine are at 45 still) Therefore I have to deal with the bleeding however if I have another heavy flow with the clotting I had like last weekend I have to call and she will meet me at the hospital to do an emergency D&C. YIKES!!

Otherwise I will have to have a D&C and laproscopic discovery surgery in either the end of Feburary or sometime in March. She is definately suspecting that I have Endometriosis. I mentioned that most people don't believe I have it since I've already had 3 children and she said that we have already done all of the blood work, cultures, etc etc. We have been able to overcome all of the infections but the pain is still there so she has enough reason right now. However she can't do the surgery right now because of me already having the gallbladder surgery and once again the damn liver problems. (Grrrrr!)

I told my mom about it all and she wants me to try and get something for the pain to hold me off until graduation from school where the kids can go outside and I won't have to worry too much about my insitions being disturbed too much by the kids. Makes sense but dang do I just want to get out of this pain state !!!

So my concerns with the surgeries....

1) Anesthesia and my body just don't mix very well with my blood pressure. I just don't seem to be able to keep it up and it goes to a really alarming low for most of the nurses at the hospital.

2) Another reason anesthesia doesn't like me...that air never leaves me until maybe 3 weeks post surgery. Yeah I am 3 weeks and a few days now and I'm still get the "pain" from the air or so they say.

3) In-patient or Out-patient...yup OUT-patient....see above for my concerns plus the whole thing with my liver....who knows if that's going to act up again too. Doctor says it won't since the gallbladder surgery is partly right there with the liver which is why they suspect the enzymes are elevated for as long as they have been.

4) What if it is endometriosis? So they burn the cells off....then what? I do not want to go through with the lupron nor will Marcie or my mom let them put me through that.

Which brings me into another topic of subject with my appointment today. Will we be having any more children in the future? Well I don't know the answer to this for the future...I know right now with my health we aren't going to have any. Not to mention I'm always had rough pregnancies. So if I had to tell you right now...no we aren't having anymore children in the next few years but whos to say we won't. We aren't in that 100% stage yet. As I mentioned to John this morning which he didn't seem to argue if I do have Endometriosis, maybe having another child in the near future would help the endo and relieve the pain after the surgery. Not saying that if it is endo. that next week I want to have another child. Maybe after Trevor gets into 1st grade?? Is that fair to say?? That would put Kyle into preschool?? I know my family would disagree with me but who are they to argue and tell me what to do with my family. It should be based on my husband and I's decision not someone elses.

*sigh* Only time will tell what will happen at this point. I just pray that if I am to have these surgeries when ever they happen I just want Dr. Rosado to do them and not someone I don't know!!

No comments: