Yesterday became an informational kind of day. First I went to the dentist. First time in 2 years; yes I know that's a long while to wait considering I have insurance. Well thankfully I've got great hygenie and NO cavities. Woohoo so now I just have to go back in for a cleaning on Feb. 4th. Bad part is that I can't take any of the kids so luckly Marie was able to watch Kyle for me.
With Marie watching Kyle for me it at least gave me a chance to go visit with them for a bit. I haven't seen them in so long that it was nice to stop and visit for a short time. Caiden is getting so big and Savannah well that child just needs to start talking ha ha...Marie joked that I need to take her with me and put her with John because for some reason the kid never shuts up when she is around him.
I had to finally leave at 11 to go get the two older munchkins from school. Well I figured I better call and see where they were with Dr. Rosado. Glad I called because Colleen hadn't had the chance to talk with her yet. That at least got the bug in her ear that I wanted an answer. While I was on the phone with Colleen though Terry from Dr. Slivka's office called so Colleen understood and was okay with hanging up with me so I could take the call.
Terry talked with me and apologized for her not getting back to me sooner since she know I was trying to reach her for three days now. She told me that Dr. Kim's office had faxed Dr. Slivka all of my records and so he was reviewing them to make an assessment of either seeing me or just going straight into the ERCP. Apparently he made the decision to see me first then go into whatever after that. I guess while talking with Terry that is...that Dr. Kim used to work with Dr. Slivka and that he highly respects Dr. Kim for his skills and recommendations etc. Oooook.
Terry told me she could get me into the office by Feb 4th at 8:30am but I told her that I was unavailable because for one I was an hour away and two I had to displace the children too much and that it was better to have a little bit later morning or afternoon. I also asked if I could be put on the cancellation list if I needed to have a much later appointment. She was able to get me into a cancelled appointment next Wednesday at 1pm. Fabulous. It interrupts my school schedule but Mrs. Figley understands and is okay with me taking half of day for the appointment.
Next I got into school and I finished my jeopardy game for PowerPoint. That was fun. It was interesting to do that. Took me a day and half to create a 52 slide presentation and then run it. Should help with review come that time. Next challenge is to create a 15 min presentation. Not a problem for me right? hmmm just got to figure out how to do digital scrapbooking now. I'm praying I can get it. I know my best friend Christina has it all down but given that I'm not used to it and I'm used to the old fashion way; it shouldn't be hard for me with my computer skills though.
This brings leads me to the next phone call. At 2:49 I got a phone call from Christy. She told me that Dr. Rosado couldn't do the surgery the next two/three weeks as her surgery schedule was already booked but rather she has me set for March 18th at Magee Womens Hospital. Wow March 18th huh? Okay what about a cancellation? Could I get pulled in then? Yes I can get pulled in then...but seriously what are the odds of that....a ob/gyn having a cancellation and filling it for a gyn patient...yeah probably more than likely for a OB patient than a GYN right?!. Next thing I asked Christy was which surgery is scheduled. She said both Laproscopic and D&C. Hmm okay hopefully that will help with both problems here. So what about the blood work script she gave me....does she still want that completed by my next appointment (Feb. 11th). Yes but nothing yet about the actual surgery blood work. Christy seems unsure about the bloodwork so guess I'll just talk to Dr. Rosado about it in Feb.
I'm grateful to have a surgical date but it's obviously not going to work out much with school. Luckly though the date that this falls on is only two days into the Access program mod so I'll just have to play catch up simular to the Excel program mod I had with the gallbladder surgery.
Cross your fingers this this all pans out right!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment