Saturday, September 13, 2008
Hospilization with IUD Problems
I really need thoughts and prayers sent to me and my doctors. I had just spent 5 days in the hospital for my girly parts! My doctors are dumbfounded to what the exact problem is but I can tell you this much I have been in severe pain! Best example I can give you.... I had been at home for nearly 5 days advoiding the ER mind you (First I hate them, second I have a high co-payment and unless my doctors plan on admitting me I refuse to go in!) so I was taking 600 mg of motrin and was breaking thru that in less than 4 hours. But mind you I was being a good girl and not re dosing until 6 hours! That happened over Labor Day weekend so finally Tuesday came around and they couldn't fit me into the schedule until Wednesday...went in wednesday to the gyn's office and they prescribed me stronger medications and told me to wait until Thursday for the ultrasound that was already scheduled. They also changed the orders for the ultrasound. Great fine by me...I can tough this out another few nights/days. So get to the ultrasound the next day only for them to tell me that they couldn't DO what my doctor was requesting. Great this just BITES....they call my office next door and wouldn't you know none of my doctors are in they are all downtown! There was a nurse there though...she called the on-call doctor and rechanged the orders...had the ultrasound done but course it came back negative. So I went over to the office for SOMETHING to be done. Naturally they sent me to the ER..I finally agreed and went in. Sure enough they admitted and I was in for 5 days!!! They ran a bunch of tests...everything came back negative...cts, cultrures, blood work, you name it they probably already did short of GI work, MRIs for my back, and ultrasounds for my gallbladder and what not. Everything GYN related they did!! UGH!! well everything but consult for surgery!!Yes I did say surgery....I'm going Friday to meet with a surgeon for endodemtreosis. I'm sure I spelled that wrong but right now...i don't know how to think... Anyway....wish my luck...i have an MRI at 6am tomorrow....upper GI work and gallbladder u/s on the 23rd (nice birthday presents huh? YUCK!) and that surgeon consult this friday at 1:30...which I'm praying is my answer to everything! Ohhh and my primary gyn wanted me to go on Lupron and I objected to it because of the side effects it would have on my migraines and depression....I don't think putting myself into menapose is a great thing with my depression right now expecially since I"m still trying to get a handle on things. What do you think??So that aside...that's where I've been and why I haven't been posting much lately. I truely apologise....but I'm going to be a bit scarce lately too as I'm starting school tomorrow (M-F 1-5:30) too....don't know how I'm going to get all these medical appointments in with this school but hopefully I can pull something off. Please pray if you're the praying time or at least keep me in your thoughts....It's been a roller coaster both physically, emotionally and mentally for me!! to all and Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment