Friday, September 26, 2008

Ahh My 27th Birthday

Today is my 27th Birthday and wouldn't you know I'm SICK! yes that's right sick. Sinus infection brewing I'm sure. That aside good old AF or if I can even call it that anymore decided to show up late last night too. So between everything has been going on the last month or so... I really only get one week break and bang back to the good old AF crap again (believe me I want to say another word here but I'm keeping it nice~!)

The entire week has not been a peachy one either. I had my tests run on Tuesday. The gallbladder ultrasound was first and then the upper GI followed. Well by the time everything done and into the evening I was in miserable pain. By morning I was in the ER. yes it takes a LOT to get me into the ER but I was there in miserable pain. They got me comfortable and did some x-rays. Determined that it was barium that wasn't moving equally in my stomach and therefore would take a few more hours/days to clear things. They prescribed me some medication and told me to continue to take the perciset for pain. Joy! What a way to spend the week! At least I know the tests were negative and there aren't any GI problems there! Wish I knew why I was consistantly neausated!

So on to my birthday....I woke up feeling horrible...gaging on crap and coughing all night from midnight on. Cassandra made it nice though. She came in and woke me up by saying, "Mommy it's your birthday, Happy Birthday!" She then gave me a big hug and kiss.

John texted me and sent me a bunch of notes saying he had some presents in the library for Marcie and I. He also wished us a Happy Birthday. Then the phone rang and it was him wishing me a good morning and again Happy Birthday! That helped cheer up my day.

Morning went rather well. I made pancakes for breakfast while the kids hung out in the living room. Then tried to create a powerpoint presentation on the computer for school. Only got about two slides done though because there were too many distractions. LOL We are looking at getting new siding on the garage so I was talking with contractor that will be doing that. Then my mother-in-law called to wish me a happy birthday. We talked for a good 45 mins until Marcie and Logan showed up. It was nice chatting with her.

Then I called Jeldwin to talk to them about the doorknob that consistantly never stays together. Apparently they never have any complaints about the fact that there are pins on the outside of the doorknob and people getting in. Hmmm seems weird but it does seem like a safety issue to me. They are going to send us another wrench since I can't seem to find the one it came with and the directions to fixing it. But I swear this thing doesn't work right.

Mr. Logan fell asleep in my arms after I spent some time outside with the kids. That made me feel good. I love the smell of newborn babies. He's been pretty fussy and Marcie thinks he has colic. Poor thing. That's the worse when they are like that. She says he screams from 3 to 6pm every night. Then again at night sometime. He also throws up nightly. She has talked with the doctor about it but they don't want to do any medications until he's older; mainly because he is gaining weight. Only time will tell at this point.

It's hard to believe Logan is 5 weeks old already. Time sure is flying by us quickly!

No comments: