Saturday, September 13, 2008

Dr. Lee's Appointment

Well the appointment was weird but overall good. Marcie and Logan went with me and he remembered my sister right off the bat!! Marcie used to see him for her endo mind you. Anyway...he got my history and then went and did an exam. Basicly here's what the decision/theory was.....I had a weird/heavy period at the beginning of Aug. and the doctor believes that the tissue from that period had gotten infected and never got extracted by my body. So it stayed and festered for a while. When I had the IUD inserted on the 29th the internal that was done had stirred up the infected tissue and then the IUD covered up the infected tissue. Therefore when I was admitted to the hospital the antiobiotics I was given for 2 days were attacking the IUD because it was considered a foreign body and NOT the infection in the tissues. It never showed up in my blood work which we can't understand. The doctor decided the best option for me was to have the IUD come out and put me on some heavy duty antibiotics for two weeks. I did not fit into the Endo catergory at all because of the fact that I had three babies and it was all acute and not a build up of pain over time. At least I know that it was part of my uterus and NOT other parts of my body down there but I guess I still have to go through my other tests on the 23rd. ugh! I may or may not be able to have the IUD again it all depends on if these antibiotics work and if this is truely the problem. This doctor (which my mom and sister trust with their lives!) belive it is the problem and it should resolve in 2 wks (yay!) and I should be pain free by then Cross your fingers! I'm praying this is the problem and that everything does resolve itself.

No comments: