Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Surgery Time....
Got the surgery time...I have to be there at 7:30am with surgery happening around 9:30-10. Yikes am I getting nervous! The nurse that called me today gave me the run down. She told me I'd be there for the whole 50 questions, IV started, weight, temp, etc taken. Then surgery would last about 1 hr to 1 1/2 hr. She wasn't sure how long I'd be in recovery but thought for sure an hour. It all depended on how I took the anesthesia and when I come out of it. Then I go into the "step" down room and she said I could be there for another hour or I could be there for 5 hours or more. (nice huh?) At least I know that John can stay with me all the way until surgery time and then meet me upon the recovery. It still scares me though. Marcie told me she had problems with anesthesia and they asked me if anyone in my family ever had problems. I told them about her (mainly because she's my twin) and the nurse was like okay did an anesthisiologist ever send her a letter or anything. I said "No, not that I'm aware of." So she said that I should be okay but to definately mention it to the anesthisiologist when he/she comes to see me pre-surgically. Ohh just thinking about all of this is really making me nervous!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
GOOD LUCK!!! I'm thinking about you and know that you'll do great. :) ((HUGS)) We love you hon!!!
Post a Comment