Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Never Ending....

Ok if my drama just doesn't end So surgery is set for Friday. Gallbladder is out and Praying PRAYING it solves my problems. However I'm still getting stabbing left sided pelvic pain. Got the U/S results..yup NEGATIVE! The Potassium blood work...Negative!! Called the doctor today because they took me off of my birth control pills and I wanted to know what the gyn wanted to do next with the negative test results. They were supposed to call me back yesterday but the nurse must have gotten busy because I didn't get a call. So I called them today. A different nurse comes on and says that the doctor wanted to know what the ER said...umm I didn't go to the ER. I just did as I was told other than going to the ER. I went off the Yaz and the headache went away the next day. She was like then we need to figure out what medication to put you on and go from there. I said Yes but I would also like to know what to do with this severe stabbing pain I'm having?! So she got the info about the pain...you know...scale from 1 to 10 what is your pain level...umm about a 5-6. What medication are you taking for the pain? Is it working? How often are you taking it? umm yeah okay obviously if I'm calling you about it...it's enough to be bothering me but I'm not one to go jumping right into the car and heading to the ER for it either. I have to be really on my death bed to be heading there!Next she asked me about medications...anyone heard of nuva ring? I think from what I know about it the medication is just like the Mirena only shorter term and a little bit different. Well I opted out for that one because of the fact that I'm getting so many infections down there right now. I said I'd feel more comfortable with just an oral medication right until after Dr. R decides if she wants to do surgery next year or not. So that is where I'm at. Sitting here with no answers and stabbing pain but definately won't find me in the ER. (I just don't have $50 co pay for them to NOT admit me waste my time in the ER and NOT find anything!! I just honestly HATE wasting time in the ER anymore )

So looking forward...Surgery is Friday. I'm freaking out but starting to get a "calm" about it all. I'm still worried about the anesthesia but talking with Dr. Jason this morning really helped ease things for me. I think at this point I'm just ready to stop losing weight and start feeling better. I lost another 5 lbs this month (I'm down to 141 now) Marcie thought I was down to 130. So let me think here... two months and 15 lbs later...and there isn't anything "Wrong" with me. Yeah well I don't think so!!!

In other news...Grandma Schmalzried died Thursday morning. We had her burial on Friday afternoon at 2pm. It was expected but honestly not this much expected. It took me by a shock and I knew I had to go say my goodbyes. The memorial service is set for the 21st but I know I'm going to still be recovering from the surgery so I went to the burial instead. It was hard....She's been in our lives for 15 years. (She's our step grandmother mind you)

Sorry its been a while since I've posted. After Friday I probably won't get to post much until the New Year. I'll try once I get on my feet a bit more to get online and post how things went with the surgery but being home with the kids will be tough since I won't be allowed to lift anything for a while!

No comments: