I saw Dr. Taylor who is with Dr. Collins. He's a neuropsychology and deals with concussions. He took a nice long lovely history and we then began the neurological testing. WOW was I shocked when I got the results. They tested me against another 27 year old who didn't have a concussion. Now they should fall into the range of 25% to 75% my results? I had 6 test results...the highest was 11% the lowest was 2%.
I guess I had no idea how severe the post concussion really was. He said I should not have thought about going back to school. That I should have waiting minimally 3 months. I am overworking my brain and not allowing enough time to heal from the trama. I explained school though and said that I only have a 90 day window and then I had to return. I told him that I figured going back to school and returning to my daily activties would make me feel like I am getting better. Naturally that's the mistake a lot of people make with PCS. The medications I'm on seem to be the right ones already so he's not going to change any of them.
The next steps, finish out my last two weeks of school, take a week off of doing anything and just REST (I know that's a lot to ask of a mom with three kids), then go back in and re-test with him. He'll compare the two and see how I've done. From there I'll either get the okay to finish out the schooling as planned or I'll have to take another mod off in between the mod and externship then finish everything out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment