Today is my baby's 5th Birthday! It's hard to believe 5 years ago today I was holding a sweet 8 lb 4 oz 20 inch long baby girl! The past 5 years have been gorgous! She's full of life, spunk, and joy!
I remember when it all happened. It happened rather quickly too. My water broke at home at 2am in the morning of the 9th and the heavy contractions started while we were enroute to the hospital which was about 30-45 mins away from our apartment in San Jose, CA. I got into the hospital and was check. Sure enough I was 5 cm and about 80% effaced. By that time I was really wanted and Epidural. The contractions were no longer something I could have handled breathing through. Yes I was a whimp but after being in "false" labor for nearly 10 weeks prior I was exhausted. So I got the epi. and felt much better.
At 6:15am, Dr Merryfield came in, checked me and said okay you're ready to deliver. By the time they got the bed broken down Cassandra was nearly here! She was born at 6:30am exactly!! She was perfect. She had the gorgous blue eyes of John's and an angel kiss on her forehead and a stork bite on her neck. The nurse wrapped her up and handed her to me and John and I just cried together. We were now a family of 3!
After I got stitched back up (She tore me because of how fast she came) John went out and called everyone back on the East coast and the parents to inform them of all the wonderful news!
My grandparents got up in church and told a funny story about me and then shared the wonderful news about her to everyone. They were all thrilled for us!
Today she is a bubbly, caring and adorable child that I pray will never change about her! She's much like me in some ways and very much like John in others!
Ok I told myself I wasn't going to cry but I just might not make the day without a cry!! I am just amazed at how time has flown by us all and yet it just seems like she was that gorgous baby I was holding in my arms 5 years ago today!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment