Well it seems it has been a while since I posted here. Fortately there hasn't been much change in my condition. I saw the neurologist today and talked with him about the weird feelings I've been getting in my legs at night. He changed my topamax to the evening in hopes that would change it. He also thinks I need to go see a pain management doctor if I have to continue to take the pain meds more than 2-3 times a week. Well hells bells if I could get the migraine medication authorized don't you think I'd be using that to treat these damn headches instead!?!
Ohh well stupid me forgot to ask him about the repeat MRI & MRA guess it wasn't that important if he's not interested in ordering it. I'll just have to ask him in May if these symptoms don't clear up by then.
Have I mentioned that I'd love to get the old me back? I am about 85% there. My walking is becoming a bit better though I'm still using the cane in public not so much in my house or at the grandparents. The vertigo sessions are still there and I got the double vision somewhat controlled though I still feel really weird with them on. (I got my bifocals on Thursday the 12 when I was finished seeing Dr. Rosado)
Speaking of Dr. Rosado, the pathology report came back and she said that I do have endometrosis and a chronic infection that was lying in the tissues of my uterus. She prescribed some medications to help with those. She really would like me to go onto Lupron but I'm not ready to throw my body into menapause for nearly 4-6 months to even see if this stuff works. My body has been through too much these last 6 months to even try that stuff right now. I opted for the depo pravera though its not my choice either. I'm kinda limited though with what I can do. My body doesn't obviously take to surgery very well, doesn't handle certain birth controls because of my migraines (Theres a stroke factor in there too) and I won't put my body into menapause for the sake of this disease when I know there are other choices out there. Maybe it is time to go see Dr. Lee again now that I have a diagonsis. Though I don't know how much of it I can really follow since he didn't think it was endo in the first place. (You can't have endo..you have three kids and you didn't have any problems concieving! Blah!)
So she wrote me out a script for that medication too.
I'm also still having issues with the pelvic/ stomach pain because of the hematoma that was present in the belly after surgery. She felt around and said everything was soft but could tell that I was still in a lot of discomfort so she has ordered an ultrasound to see what was going on. If that comes back ok and I still have the pain then we'll probably have to move on to the CT.
After the neuro. appointment I got my blood work done too. I'm not sure if I'm still anemic or not. I'm not sure how long that lasts but at least she's willing to check it out for me :)
ugh I wish these stupid chronic headaches would go away!!! It's taking a toll on my school work right now :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh Shelly...I'm so sorry that you are still having such big troubles with your health. I will continue to pray for you. Hang in there and we want you better, as you do too... :)
I love you!!! Lydia
I don't have your email address so send it to me and I'll send you the cookie recipe. It's delicious!
Post a Comment