Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dunno how to explain this one.. :(

Surgery went well. They found that I have endo for sure. Some of the pain has been alleviated but it resurfaced last weekend pretty severely so back on the antibiotics. I"ll see the doctor on the 12th so hopefully she'll have some other alternatives.Back to the other drama. While I was in the recovery room after the surgery the nurse got me up to walk and use the restroom. I got into the bathroom but was really foggy the entire time. I just remember trying to reach for the IV pole while the nurse walked out behind me. The nurse walked out and I passed out cold on the floor. Apparently I hit my head pretty good because the nurse heard a thump and then had troubles opening the door because I was pinned up against it. It took a few nurses to get me awake and up off the floor (you'd think it would only take 2 nurses since I"m only about 129 lbs right now:() I got back into the recovery room bed and I had a severe headache and blurred vision, also got complete weakness on my right side (I hit my head on the left side by the way). They ordered a CT to rule out a major head injury which came back negative. They still had to admit me though because of my blood pressure and the fall.Next couple of days were horrible. I was almost in a veggy state. I had the weakness, double vision, vertigo, a headache that was very severe and a stomach that was extremely tender. They ran MRIs of the head, CTs of the belly (That come up with blood in the belly that they decided it would absorb themselves) and MRAs and TONS of blood work. I am anemic now so I'm on extra iron on top of the iron I'm already on. I was really close to having a blood transfusion but luckly the level stayed at 7 and didn't drop below otherwise they would have had to. I remember sleeping a LOT and not feeling good.I spent 1.5 in one hospital and 1 week in another for physical, occupational therapies. Total of 17 days. It was rough and I'm still not at 100%...I'm probably only at 85%...I'm still dealing with veritgo and double vision but finally got feeling in my right arm and slowly gaining strength in my right leg. I have to walk with a cane now which isn't too bad. Nothing a LOT of physical therapy couldn't solve right? So that's the short hand. HOpefully I can get on and blog a bit more. I know it's boring though...I seem to always have drama going on in my life right now :(

No comments: