I'm back to school and have been now for two weeks. I have also started seeing a vistibular therapist(VT) for the balance issues/vertigo/dizziness etc etc. The exercises he's been working on with me have definately stirred up things and have placed many challenges for me.
Today I had to take Kyle with me. He was a good distraction to help ease the moderate to severe level of dizziness that I had gotten while doing the exercises that the VT wanted. I have found that standing on softer surfaces with or without my eyes being open are difficult for me to keep my balance. At one point I was actually spinning in a circle when I had my eyes closed. When I was stationary and looking at a fixed object I was getting really sick with that exercise that I litterally was ready to throw up. I don't think it helped though that I was already sick to my stomach when I walked in.
The past few days have not been very good anyway. I had my doctors' appointment with Dr. Slivka and he has felt that the Carafate that I was has done what he wanted to see do and there was no more need for his services. So he discharged me even though my PCP believes that most of my underlying problems are GI related. According to the GI's records I've only lost 15 lbs since June. They had 145 since June where I was actually 155 in June according to my PCP. In that time frame my PCP believes that is a enough right there to really figure out what's the cause of the never ending neasea and throwing up etc. I did get a compliment; my mood is doing well with all the trials and errors that have been going on since Aug. Most doctors by now would be telling me to go see a psychologist. Blah! What are they going to do? Yeah....take more money that we don't have!
When I saw the PCP yesterday I already felt lightheaded and sure enough my BP showed it (90/70). It must have stated close to that all day because I was severely drained by the time I got home. I even went to bed by 8:30pm...heck I was in bed before the kids were. I didn't get up until 8am this morning. Tells me that I'm probably overdoing things lately but what can I do. I have to keep up with the kids' schedule and my own right? I'm not doing much more than just keeping up with drs. appointments and going to school. I only have two more weeks then I get another month long break. *sigh*
Upcoming appointments:
Wednesday: u/s at Passivant-Cranberry to make sure the hematomia has gone away
Thursday: Dr. Collins the concussion specialist
Friday: Dr. Lee the Endo specialist
Cross your fingers.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment