Sunday, September 13, 2009

Whoa has it been a while!!

Alot has happened since July! Whoa, sorry, lots going on and little time to write about it seems. So quick recap here, Cassandra started Kindergarten on September 1. She gets on the bus at 8:25 and home by 12:30. She loves it! Brian, our neighbor is in her class also along with some of our other friends' children. I think she has about 18 in hcr classroom. She talks about a girl named Erin and another of Angel. Apparently she even got Angel's phone number, how crazy is that?

I interrupt this rant..Cassandra comes up to me and says, "Mom, is tomorrow my day off?" I said "No, You go to school 5 days a week now." Cassandra, "Well when is my vacation?" I said "Cassandra you go the same days as Daddy does. When daddy has the day off You have the day off!" Cassandra, "Well when is my vacation I want a day off!" Mind you this was Wednesday! heh She takes off her daddy and mom on that one. LOL

So Mr. Trevor has started a new school and is in a new classroom with children he will most likely go to school with. We started him at Mt. Olive Christian Preschool in their Pre-K class. He will go Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 to 11:30am. His first day was September 9th. When I picked him up that afternoon he walks out of the classroom and said "Mom, I love it here!" That has to be the first time I've ever heard him say that after school was over! That makes me feel a lot better not choicing to go back to Lifesteps. Expecially since we are still waiting for the budget to pass here in PA and there is no funding right now for the class Trevor was going to be in.

Well I am done working for a while. Zenith offered me a position but my heart was here with the children. By the time we outweighed childcare costs for the two boys full time and Cassandra part time along with just gas to get up there I would have only been making 46 dollars a week. That in itself didn't seem worth it to me to be away from the children for 45 hours a week and miss out on all the stuff my mom missed because she was robbed by my father. John and I had a long discussion and ultimately it was better for me to be home and taking care of the children and household than for anything else. I definately think I've made a great decision and although I miss working there I definately feel my children are more important right now. We know we can keep "a float" with John's income it just obviously means we have to cut back A LOT more than we did before for a while.

Zenith sent me off with a beautiful cake and gift card to Max & Erma's yummm Can't wait for John and I to get a chance to use that one! Maybe my birthday?? Ack, that's coming up in two weeks!! Dang...this time is flying. You know that also means I've been married to my wonderful hubby for 6 years!! Time has been wonderful to us though. We've been blessed with three healthy children and although it has been a rocky road at times we are still very much in love with eachother. *sigh*

So I've been additiced to Facebook lately. Yes that's another reason I haven't been on here much. I wonder if I look back at the last few months if I could find all the posts from when I was in the hospital to what is currently going on. Ohh well...I need to let the past be the past and look on to the future.

I'll have to see about uploading some new photos of the munchkins They have really grown!! Cassandra is my princess and the boys...well Trevor is my mister fix-it and Kyle is my watch out world here I come kind of kid. He's a spit fire who is totally loving life as a 2 year old!

I don't know what happened today but we were outside working on the garage (which has been a very long on-going project as usual) and I went inside to get a shower before I headed up to my grandparents to help finish off dinner. Well after I got out of the shower I hear Kyle screaming and crying. I knew he came into the house because he stopped in to see me. Well he comes into my room and just rants something off (whole other story on that one) of which I never understood. I asked him if he was hurt or had a boo boo but all he pointed to was the door. I heard water running so I went to the other bathroom to see what was going on and I found the entire bathroom flooded!! Yes that's right...flooded with hot water! I cleaned it up and quickly went to see how Kyle was. He was stripping down naked in the middle of the hallway. I ask him what he's doing and he said, clean up. So I went and got him some clothes and in the mean time he decided it was time to sit on the potty! ok, I'll take this one...he peed on the pot!! woohoo I was so proud!!

Well we got the pee on the pot but at dinner he was reverting back to a baby! Logan (my now 1 year old nephew) was at one end of the table and Kyle was at the other. Apparently (I can't tell for sure because John and I ate outside instead of in) Kyle decided he was still a baby like Logan and acted just the same. Smashed his food onto the table, rubbed his cake (we were celebrating Pappy Joe's birthday) in his hand and thru his hair....the works!! I put the food away and organized some of the dishes then walked out on the porch and said okay I've cleaned up some of the kitchen but someone else gets to clean up my son. Needless to say I had to clean him up since no-one else wanted to do it for me. ugh...how much does that stink! Ohh well, joys of parenting I suppose.

I could sit here and tell you stories after stories about Kyle right now. He's got so many antics with him right now. Its crazy! I'm waiting till we can get more Mommy & Kyle time to really settle in with some issues we're having with him.

No comments: