Sunday, September 13, 2009

To what extent do you go??

I've been sitting here pondering when I should call and get Kyle re-evaluated for speech. He has really reverted backwards. He used to be saying 3-4 word sentences and now you can barely understand what the child is saying. He's yelling at me and acting out a lot more by kicking and hitting. He also just got into the hiding from ppl stage.

Kyle got a really nasty cut and splinter in his foot a few weeks back. I felt horrible that I hadn't found it sooner but what can you do...it happened at the sitters house. Well, I tried getting the splinter out myself but Kyle just wasn't having it. So I had to have John join in and help me. It took us about a half hour but we finally got all of it out but there was puss and all kinds of junk that came out with it. ugh....we put antibiotic cream and an ace bandage on it (he was taking the band-ades off mind you!) and sent him off to bed. Right after we got the splinter out though he ran into his room and hid under his bed. poor thing....I felt horrible but I went in and dug him out from under his bed and just held him.

Well that's was the first hiding experience...the other one happened tonight. I just finished putting all the kids into their beds and decided to call and thank my in laws for the parcels they sent us from Germany. Before I know it John's walking out into the living room looking for something. I asked him what was wrong and he said he couldn't find Kyle. hmm weird since I just put him into bed. So I went looking for him and handed the phone off to him so he could talk with his mom. I called out for him and nothing. I asked the other two if they saw him and nope nothing. I called his name a few times and again nothing. Finally I heard this laugh. I looked in the closet but didn't see anything. I walk out to only hear it coming from the boys' room. I finally heard him hit the storage containers I had in there and then laugh and I found him....tucked in the closet against my wedding dress! Blah was my heart pumping. The turkey!!

So you're probably wondering how these stories tie into my title. Well, here it is, to what extend do you let this all go on until you call and get his re-evaluated? Do I wait until he's 3 when I can put him into the preschool program and have him evaluated there or do I do it now and see if he qualifies for services and get them started at home? The latter is what I did with the other two. They had services since Trevor was 1 and Cassandra was 2. Trevor's new speech therapist was very happy to see he didn't regress over the summer since we didn't do speech. She said he really did well and only seems to have the problems that most kids his age has with. Sounds like "th" and "f" I believe. So I know the therapies have really helped both kids so I'm wondering if I should just get Kyle re-evaluated now instead of later. Our caseworker that we dealt with the other two kids has left the company though. At least that's what I heard. Ohh well...cross your fingers that we can get Kyle evaulated to see what is going on.

No comments: