I really want to plan ahead on vacations. I would really love to go to Germany with John's parents but they are trying to tell us NOT to take our children with us. Yes it is a lot of money to go to Germany and take three children but at the same time what am I going to do with 3 children while we are gone? It's not like I can afford both us going to Germany and a nanny for 10 days. Plus who is going to be willing to take 3 children on 24/10?!? My family can't do it. It's too much for them some days. But it's not like I wouldn't try to save to go anyway. It's a place I want to see and I want our children to experience it regardless if they really truely don't remember it in the first place. Just the idea of spending time with their grandparents and seeing a different country/culture would be enough for them and me! I would love to meet some of John's family member that I tend to hear the parents talk so much about. But If I don't plan it now in the budget I'm never going to meet the goal of getting there.
Anyway, my other idea should my in laws still decide to go on to Germany and we don't go is to go see Ray and Christina again and spend 10 days or so there. Together we all thought about going camping together down at the ocean. I thought it would be fun to get the families together and do something like that. I know Ray and John would have a blast together!
Ohh well just things to think about....The Germany trip with airfare and a car is going to cost us around $7,000. But the California trip would only cost us $2000. Still alot....
In another sense I would love to go some where I've never been before either. But it would be nice to go with others too. Much like we had with the Mackinaw Island trip. I know my sister and BIL wouldn't go to the south with us much less another tropical place. Well should I say Jonathan won't but Marcie would. Tawnya probably would but we'd have to plan well enough in advance (which is what I'm trying to do!). It just depends on where we go now. We all talked about Tennesse. Tim has a timeshare we could use there. There is also Virginia Beach but that's overdone and I have no desire to see that. SO that leave what Orlando with Tim's timeshare (At least I could meet NeeNee that way!) but if you don't go to Disney what is there to do down there....Visit with Aunt Martha and Uncle Gene I'm sure but I can't see us spending more than a few days there. Not to mention We've already been there.
SO what other states haven't I seen..the entire Midwest almost......but whats there to see...I'd rather go back to a different island in Hawaii or Bahamas. A Disney cruise with the kids would always be nice when they get older though. When Kyle is old enough to be left alone I think. :)
Oh well....at the rate our things are going...we probably won't be able to afford going on a vacation this coming year because of all the stuff we are trying to do with finishing the garage and the outside landscaping!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
My vote is come here... we can go find plenty to do in San Diego and it won't cost much at all. Honestly though, you do whatever is best for your family!
Post a Comment