
How and where did you meet your hubby? What were your first thoughts when you met him? What attracted you to him? We met actually online in a chatroom in 1999. We didn't actually physically meet until 2001 when I was in college. My first thoughts when I saw him walking down the sidewalk up to my dorm room...wow he's exactly what I thought he'd look like. Not to mention I had butterfly in my stomach just thinking about what our stay would be like! I don't know what actually attracted me to him. We had talked for like I said since nearly 1999 and when you get to know someone without seeing them physically it's a different relationship then someone who has actually physically met right away.
Where did you go and what did you do on your first date? Our first actual date was to Niagra Falls, Canada. We went under the falls and saw the ice build up..it was so amazing!
How long did you date before he proposed? Well he didn't propose until May 2003. Therefore we dated from April 2001 until May 2003. Long time don't you think?! ha ha
Tell us about his proposal to you. I knew John was the one. We had been living together for almost a year then and I told him that if we didn't make anything perminate in our lives that I would and make the decision to move out. I moved in with him May 10, 2002. On May 9, 2003 John and I decided to go to Half Moon Bay, CA. It was one of my favorite place and the first place I was introduced to the Pacific Ocean. I told him I wanted to go to dinner down there and then take a walk along the beach. So we went to dinner at this resturant and then went for a walk. We found a park bench that was right about the place where I was introduced to the salty waters and we sat down for a bit. He looked at me and said I have something for you. He then pulled out a box. He had me open the box and then he asked me if I would marry him. It was perfect and very romantic!
What was your wedding like? What did you wear? (Can we see a pic? ) Did everything go according to plan? Did either of you cry? How big was your wedding, and who stood in for you (bridesmaids/groomsmen)? My wedding was HUGE. Since it was my first and hopefully ONLY wedding we decided to have it back in my hometown. The only problem we had was deciding on a date. Since I decided on where to have it and all that jazz I made John pick the date. So funny man picked my birthday, I said nope it was a Friday and I wanted to get married on a Saturday so that we could really enjoy everything. So he picked the day after my birthday. My mom and sister made all of the arrangements and was able to get the hall quickly and thankfully the church was available for that time also. I started the hunt for my dress and well since I could have only afforded to go back to PA once I decided to get my dress in CA with the assistance of one of my best friends that was in the military. Since she couldnt make it to the wedding it was a perfect way for her to be there! Mostly everything went according to plans. We did have some drama with my sister and I because my sister didn't like the idea of not getting to celebrate her birthday and all the focus that year was on my wedding so we had to have a separate birthday party for us outside of the wedding plans which unfortately made it very difficult for us to get to the airport to meet John's parents. They got lost heading from the airport to their hotel and that was just a nightmare in itself. *sigh* I really wish I could have re-done that day over again. John cried and I got teary eyed but it was more out of joy then anything! We had about 250 people at our wedding, all mostly from my side since John only had about 6 people there for him! I felt bad but he didn't want to invite anyone from CA nor did he think anyone could afford to make the trip. At least his family came to celebrate with us. We had my sister and John's brother as best man and maid of honor, my brother and my best friend from high school, a couple that John and I had met from the same chatroom and John's neice and Nephew as bridesmaids and groomsmen. Then my cousins Riley and Mia and SJ and my nephew Colby were our flowergirls and ring bearers. It was fabulous and a great day!
What did you do for your rehearsal dinner? We had the rehearsal dinner at the church we were married at in their basement. Nothing fancy just dinner then we gave everyone a gift and the guys got little remote control cars that they played with the rest of the night. Very nice!
Where did you honeymoon and what did you see and do there? We went to Pittsburgh at a hotel the first night. It was not the greatest of stays and we'd rather not call it our honeymoon. We had since written a letter to the hotel about the poor stay and just decided we won't ever go there again. Anyway...we consider our honeymoon to be in Hawaii. We went to Maui when Cassandra was born at 6 months. It was such a relaxing and fabulous stay. We went snoreling and did lots of site seeing. The trip was defiinately great!!
How and when did you know he was "the one?" I don't know exactly. He was just "the one" and when your gut tells you...your gut tells you...it's not something I can describe!!
What is your "song," if you have one? Every night when we talked on the phone we would hear the song " I hope you dance" by LeAnn Womack. So we considered that our "song" however about a week before our wedding the DJ had an accident and lost a good amount of his cds and instead of calling me and asking what song we wanted he awaiting until the NIGHT of our wedding. So needless to say he didn't have it and so we had to pick another so...I think we danced to "From this Moment" by Shaina Twain
Where did you go and what did you do on your first date? Our first actual date was to Niagra Falls, Canada. We went under the falls and saw the ice build up..it was so amazing!
How long did you date before he proposed? Well he didn't propose until May 2003. Therefore we dated from April 2001 until May 2003. Long time don't you think?! ha ha
Tell us about his proposal to you. I knew John was the one. We had been living together for almost a year then and I told him that if we didn't make anything perminate in our lives that I would and make the decision to move out. I moved in with him May 10, 2002. On May 9, 2003 John and I decided to go to Half Moon Bay, CA. It was one of my favorite place and the first place I was introduced to the Pacific Ocean. I told him I wanted to go to dinner down there and then take a walk along the beach. So we went to dinner at this resturant and then went for a walk. We found a park bench that was right about the place where I was introduced to the salty waters and we sat down for a bit. He looked at me and said I have something for you. He then pulled out a box. He had me open the box and then he asked me if I would marry him. It was perfect and very romantic!
What was your wedding like? What did you wear? (Can we see a pic? ) Did everything go according to plan? Did either of you cry? How big was your wedding, and who stood in for you (bridesmaids/groomsmen)? My wedding was HUGE. Since it was my first and hopefully ONLY wedding we decided to have it back in my hometown. The only problem we had was deciding on a date. Since I decided on where to have it and all that jazz I made John pick the date. So funny man picked my birthday, I said nope it was a Friday and I wanted to get married on a Saturday so that we could really enjoy everything. So he picked the day after my birthday. My mom and sister made all of the arrangements and was able to get the hall quickly and thankfully the church was available for that time also. I started the hunt for my dress and well since I could have only afforded to go back to PA once I decided to get my dress in CA with the assistance of one of my best friends that was in the military. Since she couldnt make it to the wedding it was a perfect way for her to be there! Mostly everything went according to plans. We did have some drama with my sister and I because my sister didn't like the idea of not getting to celebrate her birthday and all the focus that year was on my wedding so we had to have a separate birthday party for us outside of the wedding plans which unfortately made it very difficult for us to get to the airport to meet John's parents. They got lost heading from the airport to their hotel and that was just a nightmare in itself. *sigh* I really wish I could have re-done that day over again. John cried and I got teary eyed but it was more out of joy then anything! We had about 250 people at our wedding, all mostly from my side since John only had about 6 people there for him! I felt bad but he didn't want to invite anyone from CA nor did he think anyone could afford to make the trip. At least his family came to celebrate with us. We had my sister and John's brother as best man and maid of honor, my brother and my best friend from high school, a couple that John and I had met from the same chatroom and John's neice and Nephew as bridesmaids and groomsmen. Then my cousins Riley and Mia and SJ and my nephew Colby were our flowergirls and ring bearers. It was fabulous and a great day!
What did you do for your rehearsal dinner? We had the rehearsal dinner at the church we were married at in their basement. Nothing fancy just dinner then we gave everyone a gift and the guys got little remote control cars that they played with the rest of the night. Very nice!
Where did you honeymoon and what did you see and do there? We went to Pittsburgh at a hotel the first night. It was not the greatest of stays and we'd rather not call it our honeymoon. We had since written a letter to the hotel about the poor stay and just decided we won't ever go there again. Anyway...we consider our honeymoon to be in Hawaii. We went to Maui when Cassandra was born at 6 months. It was such a relaxing and fabulous stay. We went snoreling and did lots of site seeing. The trip was defiinately great!!
How and when did you know he was "the one?" I don't know exactly. He was just "the one" and when your gut tells you...your gut tells you...it's not something I can describe!!
What is your "song," if you have one? Every night when we talked on the phone we would hear the song " I hope you dance" by LeAnn Womack. So we considered that our "song" however about a week before our wedding the DJ had an accident and lost a good amount of his cds and instead of calling me and asking what song we wanted he awaiting until the NIGHT of our wedding. So needless to say he didn't have it and so we had to pick another so...I think we danced to "From this Moment" by Shaina Twain

No comments:
Post a Comment