Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Could I get off this ride now??

Monday was such a ride I don't want to be on ever again but I have a funny feeling I will be. Okay this is all TMI so if you have a weak stomach...don't read! I've been dealing with light headedness and vertigo now since Wednesday. At first I knew it was an interaction with the new medication I was put on Wednesday for Thursday's Vertigo episode, so I was taken off of it. Next day it happened again but not as severe so they wanted to be sure and they took me off the other medication and wanted to get my blood pressure taken since I was light headed and my blood pressure had been really low Wednesday when I was in the clinic (98/58). Went into the pcp's office and as I was sitting in my mom's office waiting for the nurse to call me to get my blood pressure taken the one physician saw me sitting in the chair and says "You aren't feeling well are you?" I said nope, haven't felt great in the past two days since I started getting veritgo. So he pulled me into the exam room and checked me out. Sweet free office exam. No ear infections so more than likely he thought it was a virus that I picked up like his kids had. Nurse came in next and took my blood pressure and sure enough..fine! Just my luck. So I called that into the GI's nurse and never heard from them.

Saturday came...I got up and had breakfast only to have breakfast come back up at me. Yeah threw up all day! No swimming lessons for me. I packed the kids up and sent them with John and out the door they went. I slept the rest of the afternoon until John and the kids returned with Cassandra's friend Alanna. I still couldn't keep anything down that day though. I finally took a maxalt to see if this was a different form of a migraine and sure enough that helped a lot with the head junk. YAY!

Sunday came around and I got up did the whole church thing but didn't feel good still. Fortately for me AF showed her big ugly face while I was in church! UGH! Started out just like it always does...slow and spacey...not bright red and full force like it used to before all this happened. By evening time though I was definately having a period that taylored like day 2.

Monday morning showed up and I got up and started my morning. Only one difference...my period was acting HEAVY. Now typically I don't get heavy heavy until day 4. At least with the way my periods have been acting lately. So by 9am when I was passing clots again like I was with the last period, I sorta got a bit alarmed. I texted John to see what he thought but by the time I got the text back I had a bigger clot pass that really freaked me a bit. So I felt with the clot passing and the fact that I had just changed my tampon not less than 45 mins ago and it was completely soaked already...yeah I thought I'd at least call Dr. Rosado and see what she thought.

I called Colleen (thankfully she was working that morning!!!) and she took the history and thought yes it was a bit much too and so she wanted to get me in with Dr. Rosado but she wasn't in the Wexford office but rather in the Magee's office. Great...have to go there anyway if she was going to do what I thought she might have to do anyway. Colleen though had to call me back because she couldn't get access to her schedule up there and she needed to talk with her directly.

Well my neighbor Sharon just happened to call me next so she helped ease my fears and talked me out of some of the things that were going on. She volunteered to help me with the kids until Marcie could get them for me. Though I wasn't sure how it would work out when she was at Lowes' and Brian needed picked up at 11:30am. LOL But her heart was definately there.

Somehow I got two calls back..one from Cindy telling me Dr. Rosado was in an emergency situation at the hospital and then the next one from Colleen telling me that she talked with her and that there wasn't anything until this afternoon and she wanted me seen sooner. So I was to go and meet her at Magee's but in their ER department. UGh...not my first choice. Just told me in my head that there is a good chance she's going to have to perform an emergency D&C. ummm I really don't want to happen now when I'm only 8 days shy of the scheduled D&C and exploritory laproscopic surgery that REALLY needs done. But I went anyway though I'm not always keen on going.

I called Marcie and asked if she could come early for the kids....yeah that didn't go over very well but what was I to say/do. I called Marie next to see if she could take the kids so that I could get up there and possibly get back sooner if she wasn't going to do surgery. Marie agreed but as soon as I had called Marcie she just said to stay there that she was on her way already.

Marcie got to the house and just about chewed me out. She went in on me about whether or not I really needed to go, if I did get admited whether I was going to blackmail/guilt-trip John into staying the night at the hospital with me, that I wasn't thinking of my three children at all through this and that I was being selfish. She went on too and I finaly asked her as she was walking across the house if she thought I really needed her attitude everytime she walked into my house. She answered yes I did need it. Thats when she went in about the I'm being selfish and using my mom and grandmother when it comes to watching the kids and me being in the hospital. etc etc. I finally just couldn't take anymore and just said...Good bye Marcie Thanks for coming and watching the kids and I'll see you tonight. and I walked out. I simply walked out of my house. I didn't want to see her any more I didn't even return to the house that evening until John was home. I just couldn't handle seeing her anymore. All of our conversations have been this way. She just chews me out about everything and sometimes I'll be lucky to get the sweet understanding/I've been through this I'll help you get through this kinds of attitude Marcie. Yeah well when that one checks back in would someone let me know please!!??!!

Well I guess I should get back to what happened the rest of that day...I get up to the hospital and they are just swamped with patients. I get up there around noon but don't actually get taken back until 1pm. nice huh? So they give me the 50 questions but luckly the fact that Colleen called me in had helped with ordering tests. They just started an IV and drew four tubes of blood right away. Had my blood pressure taken a half million times in both laying/sitting/ standing positions because of the light headedness. Luckly I wasn't anemic and my blood count was good! The resident that I saw had to take a detailed history of what's been going on. So given that I had to start with everything that's been going on back since what..AUGUST....she pretty much knew I'd been thru the ringer with doctors and everything. Well I told her that I was already scheduled for a D&C on the 10th and an exploritory laproscopic included. With the history I just had to give her she was definately in agreeance with Dr. Rosado that she's going to find Endmetrosis and because of that surgery she didn't want to have an ER D&C done because then that would just mess up the Feb. 10 surgery. She felt that the E-lap would be more important even though the messed up periods needs addressed too. When I got up from her exam I got really light headed and she asked if that had been going on long and I said yeah it has been. Since pretty much Wednesday when I had the low blood pressure issue. So she decided to give me fluids to see if it improved. First half didn't touch anything...I still felt the same. But after I finished it all I did feel somewhat better and she stated my heart rate and blood pressures were equal to someone who would be dehydrated. So yup I'm dehydrated...gee wonder how I got that way?? Could someone suggestion another alternative to eatting right now? Maybe I could just get one of those IVs at home?

Just for the record...I do eat I just can't help it if my body is rejecting most of the food I put into it! I'm also really not sure how I"m going to handle making myself NOT look pail. ummm yeah I'm aware I have a health problem and I'm doing everything in my power to take care of it but yeah how do you suggest I get past this part?

I put on a buisness suit I bought at the earlier part of my schooling. It's a size 10...ok I don't usually share what size I am but for this post I will... :P well I had Mock interviews this afternoon so I needed to wear it. Well I go to put it on...yeah doesn't FIT....way too BIG. I'm offically into a size 8. Thanks to this damn illness I've lost 25 lbs in less than 4 months. 4 MONTHS!!!

Does this all warrent a ticket OFF this ride yet???????? Ohh no wait...I can't really start getting a *piece* of that ticket until after Feb. 10th when I have the surgery and then determine one part of this insane illness. *Crying*

No comments: