Sunday, November 16, 2008

What a week.....

Ahh what a week. First I get a huge and ugly migraine on Tuesday that just leaves me in a complete blur for my test the following day in Accounting. The teacher "gave" us the questions that were on the test and even though I wrote every one of them down I swear she said there wasn't anything to be done with that 2nd chapter. Um boy was I surprised when I found that there were questions on there that I just saw from the previous day! But I wouldn't have remembered what I was supposted to write because everything from the previous day was a blur! AHHH. Luckly my intuition wasn't too bad and I was able to pull something out of thin air. I pulled an "A" out of that test but when it came to the part with the open notes ugh did I not do so well. I didn't fail it but I sure didn't get the "A" I wanted. I got a "B" all because I failed to read the question to the fullest extent. The client didn't pay the bill he just put it on account. ugh. That of course threw off my entire balance for the rest of the trial balance, income statement, statement of owner's equity and finally the balance sheet. I missed 9 when I shouldn't have missed ANY! ohh well live and learn!

That happened Wednesday morning and then that evening I went to work. The studio is still not extremely busy as it was the last time I worked there. We had maybe 3 appointments that evening and usually we are double booked.

Thursday morning I got a phone call from the hospital telling me that they had a cancellation in their schedule and that if I could make it they were able to run my EGD sooner than later. I called my grandmother and my sister and they both said that it would work out fine. Grandma took Kyle for me and we took the two older ones to school then Grandma dropped me off at the hospital. I went down to visit with Marie since she had Caiden on Tuesday and I went to visit her and left my purse in her room.

Since I needed my insurance card I thought it was only important to go get it. Thankfully no one questioned my being there since it wasn't visiting hours (they run from 11:30 to 8:30 for non-family members). It was nice to visit with Marie with it just being her and none of the kids around. We don't get to do that much anymore. Heck I think the last time we had the chance to do that was when we were in college together.

Anyway it was time to go onto my test. Ugh...EGD....got there...had my IV started. Then got moved into the next room after the 50 questions. They had me waiting on the doctor by 10:45am. He got in there and I asked me how everything was going. Told him that I think I figured out some of my problems were underlying because of the magnesium I am on for my migraines. He agreed and then went on to sedating me. I don't know if I dreamed of the procedure or if I actually felt everything going on in the procedure but it just wasn't very pleasant.

The next thing I found was waking up to a family friend, Linda Eickler, in the recovery room. The doctor walked in and in my very groggy state informs me that I have a small hiatia hernia and that he also took some biopies (sp?). He told me to call the office in a week to 10 days for the results. Great ummm what about the hiatia hernia?? How do I get rid of or treat that? No medications were given to me so I guess now I have to wait until I have the gastic empting study done on Tuesday and then make a follow-up appointment with the surgeron.

I did go to school Thursday as I didn't feel horrible and not so drugged up. I don't think it was the wises of things to do but it wasn't the worse thing to not be doing. I felt fine until the end of class time when it all started hitting me. That was rough....My teacher looked and me and said yup..you're drugged today. She just laughed and knew that that day was probably a waste but then again it must not have been a complete waste to her since she had me copy my notes for two other people in the class.

Thursday evening was bad though. Vicki (a friend from school) brought me home since I wasn't allowed to drive at all and we all met at grandma and grandpa's house for dinner. The kids were there and as soon as I walked into the door Cassandra was at me..>Sit by me mommy. Hold me mommy. Come and eat mommy. At that point I didn't want to eat, sit or do anything but SLEEP! I just wanted to lay down for a bit. How can you tell a 4 year old that you just need to relax and lay down. yeah just doesn't work that way.

I got through that evening only to have to wake to Friday morning with a horrible migraine and throwing up. I also had a low grade (99.7 F) fever. I took all the maxalt that I was allowed to take for that day but it didn't really break it much. At noon I finally had to call John and ask him to come home. Unfortately with his workload at work that was not possible. Thankfully though Marcie was able to come still. She came over and took care of the boys while Grandma took Cassandra for the day. I slept a good part of Friday. At 12:51 the hospital called to follow up on my EGD and when they found me in the state that I was in they informed me that I needed to call me doctor. So I called Dr. Connlley's office only for his nurse to not get my message at ALL. I finally got a hold of someone at the front desk and said look..I'm probably have a reaction to the anethesia so I need to talk with a nurse to find out what they want me to do. Finally the nurse came on. She took some information from me then called me back. Doctor decided that my "diagnosis" was probably true and since there was nothing he really could do as far as the migraine was concerned he was just going to treat the fever (tylenol extra strength) and then prescribe some medication to stop the vomiting. great...didn't need that stuff. I just slept the rest of the day....waited the day out...went to dinner at my grandparents (actually kept food down for change) and came home and took another maxalt. Since it was past the 24 hours since I took the 1st maxalt I could take the next one. So what if it said do not exceed 2 in 24 hours. Wonder what it would do if you did anyway.

So sleep does do some good. I had to work Saturday for the studio at 9. I woke hazy but that's just the way it is when you've suffered with migraines the way I have. Got to work in time before the next sitting arrived. Then the craziness happened. We had double appointments then walk in smashed in between there. Thankfully I was selling and didn't need to be in the studio taking photos. Only thing that screwed me up was that when I went into the next screen when checking clients out their CD costs didn't get applied. I figured out what I did wrong but I just figured if I had put all the codes in the previous screen that everything would have been applied into the next screen. That happened 4 times! Thankfully my boss wasn't overly pissed at me and we did find a way around it with the clients when we had to call them back and request payments. I ended up working until 4 that day. That gave me a 7 hour start for the week. One week I only had 3 hours this past week I only had 5 hours and 30 mins. I didn't want alot of hours but I surely didn't want 3 hours a week either. I know if John doesn't allow me to start picking up work we are going to start struggling with babysitting in the next few months. He just doesn't think my making any money is worth it but my thought is anything is better than nothing at all right?? I might not be making as much as he is but if he doesn't start getting some bonuses there are going to be serious problems!

How about John came to me and said he wanted to move back to CA already. All because of us getting our first batch of cold, snowy weather. Yes the weather is cold here. The high is only going to be 35 this week. However where are we going to be able to go where we can afford to live?? We barely survive here at times! It's milder here than other places and who else is going to help us with the children. When he wants to work on the outside projects and I am working who takes the kids..yup my mom. Who complains when he can get anything done and wants a break...yup my mom or ME! So frustrating at times. :(

2 comments:

Christina said...

Well I know it's been a long hard week for you... make that year! lol. I really think John's on to something though, moving back to CA wouldn't hurt. (roflol). Honestly though, look at the new garage and the family that lives nearby. You are smart to stay there for now. :)

Michelle said...

John doesn't know how good he has it right now. He has the becking call of my mom and grandmother and he just doesn't realize fully that if we moved back to California (As much as someday I'd love to) we wouldn't have the help!! My parents won't ever move. They are set here for a long time I garrentee it!

You've got a phone call coming your way soon enough!